ANC3C Public Meeting – July 16, 2018
Date/Time: July 16, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Maret School, 3000 Cathedral Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20008
The ANC meets every month. An agenda for the upcoming meeting is available here.
As a neighbor, there are several opportunities to present to the ANC during a meeting: You can make an Announcement, or speak during the Community Forum, or you can asked to be recognized by the Chair during the Commission Business.
If you have any questions about the upcoming meeting, email the Administrator, Rachel Worsham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Establishment of Quorum
II. Verification of Notice (Listservs: CP,WP, MAHCA, CAH, MG, OG, Ward3DC,; QH Manager, Broadmoor Manager, Woodland Normandstone Liaison, NWC, Twitter and the ANC3C Website)
III. Approval of Agenda
V. Community Forum – (Members of the public are invited to ask questions and raise concerns about issues that are not otherwise on the agenda.)
VI. Consent Calendar
VII. Commission Business
- Presentation by Linda Greenan, Pepco, on work at Van Ness and Wisconsin intersection scheduled to begin in September
- Presentation by Michelle Garcia, Director, DC Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants, Exec. Office of the Mayor, on the Security Camera Incentive Program
- Presentation by CM Cheh office, Edward Yim, DC Dept. of Environment, and Barbara Briggs, Put a Price On It DC on carbon tax or other approaches to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and Consideration of a Resolution Supporting the Carbon Fee Initiative
- Presentation on the draft DDOT Traffic Control Plan (TCP) for construction at 2607 Connecticut Ave NW
- Presentation by DCPS representative on John Eaton Elementary School modernization
- Consideration of a Historic Preservation Review Board application (HPA #18-384) to remove current neon sign and replace with replica LED-powered sign, the remove Loews signage under theater canopy, and to add AMC logo signage to the theatre canopy for 3426 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Consideration of a Historic Preservation Review Board application (HPA #18-521) for installation of a solar roof and dormer panels for 3414 Porter Street NW
- Consideration of WMATA changes to the L1 and L2 bus lines
- Consideration of an amendment to ANC3C’s settlement agreement with Silver (3404 Wisconsin Ave NW) to permit weekly outdoor entertainment permanently
- Consideration of Council legislation to phase out use of gas-powered leaf blowers
- Election of new ANC 3C Treasurer
VIII. Other Business
- Website Update
- Secretary’s Report: Approval of Minutes from the June 18 meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Administrative Issues: - SMD Reports - Other – Next Meeting Monday, September 17 at MPD.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have a project or concern to be considered at this or any upcoming meeting, please contact your ANC Commissioner. Thank you!