Information obtained by ANC3C regarding Bill 21-620, Homeward DC Omnibus Approval of Facilities Plan for Short-Term Housing for Persons Experiencing Homelessness Act of 2016 may be found here. The government portal may be found HERE.
Ward 3 Shelter Timeline:
- Council Chairman Phil Mendelson announces a public hearing of the Committee of the Whole on Bill 21-620, the “Homeward DC Omnibus Approval of Facilities Plan for Short-Term Housing for Persons Experiencing Homelessness Act of 2016.” The hearing will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 17, 2016 in the Council Chamber of the John A. Wilson Building. More information may be found here.
- CM Cheh to host meeting re: Homeward DC Omnibus Facilities Plan: Given the significant questions that have been raised about the Mayor’s proposal to build a short-term housing facility for families at 2619 Wisconsin Avenue, Councilmember Cheh will be hosting a meeting to give residents the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of relevant executive officials who developed the plan. The meeting will be at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 5th at Stoddert Elementary School, 4001 Calvert Street NW.
- Information Sheet from Executive Office of the Mayor on Short Term Family Selection Sites
- January 8, 2016: Mayor Bowser’s Letter of Intent for Lease of Premises at 2619-2623 Wisconsin Avenue NW
- June 19, 2016: Draft Resolution regarding the process involving the site choice of 3320 Idaho Avenue NW, to be voted on at June 20, 2016 ANC3C public meeting.
- June 24, 2016: Councilmember Cheh’s letter in response to the ANC3C resolution passed on June 20, 2016
- July 27, 2016 Letter, from DHS Director Laura Zeilinger to Commissioner Rolller, responding to June 20, 2016 ANC3C Resolution on Ward 3 Shelter proposal.
- January 27, 2017: Release of plans for proposed shelter. The full BZA case file may be found at the Office of Zoning IZIS site, case number 19450.
- January 30, 2017: Release of Traffic Study for proposed shelter site.
- January 31, 2017: Community Meeting hosted by ANC3C, to discuss BZA Application (#19450), at MPD2D Community Room. The city is requesting zoning variances to build a taller building with more stories that is permitted and to eliminate a required loading dock. In addition, the city is requesting a special exception to provide less on-site parking than required and to provide a shelter for more residents than zoning permits as a matter of right.
- October 17, 2017: Presentation by DGS on the construction of the parking garage and the city’s plans for temporary police parking during construction.
- February 20, 2018: ANC3C Approval of Construction Management Agreement with DGS for MPD2D parking garage and Ward 3 Short-term Family Housing Shelter.
- 2017.03.01 Testimony of Commissioner MacWood, BZA Hearing for S-T Emergency Family Shelter application